Sunday, December 20, 2009

Would you subscribe to a website where you could find unlimited recipes by searching with ingredients?

Say you have a handful of stuff in your fridge/freezer and or pantry, and you want to make something quick and easy for breakfast/lunch/ dinner for you or your family. Wouldn't it be great if you could go to a website, enter in the 5 or so ingredients you have and see what kind of recipes pop up? I'm testing out a theory for a new website, all feedback is welcome! Feel free to ask questions!Would you subscribe to a website where you could find unlimited recipes by searching with ingredients?
There are already sites that provide this function for free, so I don't think I would be a subscriber.





For instance, Allrecipes.com provides a search function that you specify what ingredients you want to include in the search (stuff you have) and items you do not want to include (items you don't like or don't have).





Epicurious is another one that allows you to pick the ingredients.





I've linked both below. Give 'em a whirl =)Would you subscribe to a website where you could find unlimited recipes by searching with ingredients?
“As a rule of thumb, if you have a good idea, five companies are going the same thing. If you have a great idea, fifteen companies are doing the same thing.” Report Abuse

There are already sites like allrecipes.com that provide this function for FREE, so I would NEVER subscribe to such a service.!! :) :)
Unlimited?





There is always a limit to everything.





Anyway, there are plenty of these websites (with limits of course). ivillage.com is my favorite (the 1st site that I go to when I am interested in looking for recipes like that.





I would not pay to access any of these types of sites.
Sounds cool. I don't think it's a new idea, though...I'm sure I've seen something like it though I can't remember the URL (I think it was by one of the big food companies like Kraft or someone). Anyway, I'd definitely subscribe if it were free. I probably would not if I had to pay -- there are too many free recipes available on the Internet to make it worthwhile to pay for them. Good luck to you!
I would like to see a site like this.
I go out to eat all the time - I guess I would not need such website.

No comments:

Post a Comment