Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wondering how you normally search 4 recipes--ingredient, recipe name, course, other?

I use yahoo search and type in the following. Say I am looking for an apple pie recipe.





';apple pie recipe'; ---------%26gt; Search





In Yahoo, by using the quotes, it will only look for sites exactly how I typed it out...





Give it a try for any recipe. It helps to spell it correctly.Wondering how you normally search 4 recipes--ingredient, recipe name, course, other?
try www.foodnetwork.com for recipesWondering how you normally search 4 recipes--ingredient, recipe name, course, other?
I normally type in what i'm looking for like ';recipe: marinated chicken';, or ';recipe for marinated chicken';, for example.
I have about 25 recipe sites bookmarked.





Here are a couple -





http://about.com/food/index.htm?PM=59_02鈥?/a>


http://allrecipes.com/default.asp


http://bbq.about.com/library/recipes/bls鈥?/a>


http://justcrockpotrecipes.foodplanet.co鈥?/a>
There is a cook book called the 4 ingredients cook books by Coffee and Cale.





Belows are some of my favorite recipes from other books beside ';The Four Ingrediends cookbooks.';





MAYONNAISE SHRIMP


From: Easy Japanese Pickling In Five Minutes to One Day


Make 4 Servings





Ingredients:


10 ounces (300 grams) shrimp


1 tablespoon soy sauce


5 tablespoons mayonnaise





Method:





Mix soy sauce in mayonnaise in a large bowl.


Rinse shrimp.


Peel and devein, leaving tails on.


Chill in mayonnaise mixture 1 to 2 hours





How to cook:


Scrape off the marinade. Saute in a heated pan.











BUSY NIGHT CHICKEN


Serves 4





Ingredients:


4 chicken breasts


1 to 2 teaspoon garlic salt





Methods:


1. If chicken breasts are frozen, defrost in microwave for 10 minutes.





2. Put chicken breasts (skin side up) in a baking dish. Sprinkle both sides with garlic salt.





3. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until skin is crisp and chicken is not longer pink.








OX TAIL SOUP WITH ONION AND STRAW MUSHROOM





Ingredients:


160g onions


160g straw mushrooms


2 cans of ox tail soup


ginger slices





Seasonings:


Salt and pepper





Method:


1. Wash and trim the mushroom. Score an ';X'; on the cap. Blanch it with ginger slices.





2. Peel the onion. Wash and ct it into piece. Put the onion in the blender with one can of soup to make onion puree.





3. Put the other can of soup with cups of water in a saucepan, add the onion mixture. When it boils, turn the heat off and let stand for a while. Reheat the soup until it boils, add the mushroom and the seasoning. The soup is ready to serve when it re-boils.





Hint:


To avoid ';teary eyes';, chill the onion before cutting it.
http://www.recipesource.com/
This website's quite good - you just tick the boxes of all the food you have in the house, and it gives you a list of the different things you could cook, together with the recipes: http://www.cookingbynumbers.com
there are several good web sites for recipes. try foodnetwork.com or allrecipes.com or cooks.com. All the major ';ladies'; magazines have recipe web sites too. better homes and gardens/ ladies home journal/
I generally use Epicurious and search by ingredient...the recipe name often has the main ingredient in it.
I usually search for recipes by the main ingredient I am planning on cooking. For instance, if I bought chicken breasts at the store, and would like to try something different, I would search online for chicken recipes or go to the foodnetwork.com and search there. If I'm looking for a specific recipe, but can't remember how to cook the meal - I would try my best to search for the recipe name and look at individual recipes to see if they are similar.
It depends on the situation. If I know I want to make a dish with tilapia, for example, I will search by a specific ingredient. Other times, I will search for a more general ingredient category, i.e. fish/seafood and browse recipes. I rarely search for the main entree recipe by course. Instead I opt to search by ingredient because I have a general idea of what I want to make and searching by ';Dinner';, ';lunch';, etc. doesn't narrow the search down enough. For desserts, beverages and hors d'oeuvres, I often search by course/category since I'm up for browsing for ideas and usually don't have a specific ingredient in mind. I only eat fish, so I like it when recipe sites allow me to narrow my search to vegetarian or fish options within a specific category. Since I'm a novice in the kitchen, I also like to sort my search by difficulty or preparation time. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment