Thursday, December 24, 2009

I am in search of a bread dessert recipe that I used to have as a child. I think it's called Batetsa?

Growing up in Northern Illinois, there were many cultures and I am not sure if this recipe is Polish or some other Slavic tradition. I miss it dearly and am looking for a recipe.I am in search of a bread dessert recipe that I used to have as a child. I think it's called Batetsa?
Polish Bread Pudding.





Ingredients and Directions


Soak 1 pint of bread in a quart of milk; add the yolks of 4 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoonfuls of melted


butter, 1/2 cup of raisins, 1/2 cup of currants, the juice of 1/2 lemon. Mix well and bake until brown; then beat


the whites to a stiff froth with 3 tablespoonfuls of pulverized sugar. Spread the pudding with jelly and cover


with the beaten whites; set in the oven to brown.I am in search of a bread dessert recipe that I used to have as a child. I think it's called Batetsa?
Could this be it?
I don't have an answer, but I want to try the Bread Pudding recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment