Thursday, December 24, 2009

Help, I am desperate!! In search of a pudding cake recipe from my childhood....?

I remember a cake my mom used to make when I was a child, I feel like it was a box mix where you basically poured the mix in a cake pan and them poured hot water over it and baked it. I came out cakey but also like a pudding, served hot. I can't find the mix anymore, wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about or can give me a recipe. THANK YOU!Help, I am desperate!! In search of a pudding cake recipe from my childhood....?
Is it like a dump cake?


http://www.wisebread.com/dump-cake-and-o鈥?/a>Help, I am desperate!! In search of a pudding cake recipe from my childhood....?
This chocolate Pudding Cake, makes its own hot gooey pudding center. Enjoy!





Chcoclate Pudding Cake





1 cup all-purpose flour


3/4 cup white sugar


2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder


2 teaspoons baking powder


1/4 teaspoon salt


1/2 cup milk


2 tablespoons vegetable oil


1 teaspoon vanilla extract


3/4 cup packed brown sugar


1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder


1 1/2 cups boiling water


handful of chocolate chips opt.











Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C).


In ungreased 9 inch square pan, stir together flour, white sugar, cocoa, the baking powder, and salt. Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla with a fork until smooth.


Spread batter evenly in pan (batter will be thick). Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/3 cup cocoa. Pour boiling water over batter.


Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes, then spoon into dessert dishes or cut into squares. Invert each square onto dessert plate and spoon sauce over each serving. Top with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.





Betty Crocker makes individual micro cakes now. I think it's called Chocolate Lava cakes. Perfect for one delicious serving.
FUDGE PUDDING CAKE





1 cup all purpose flour


2 teaspoons baking powder


1/2 teaspoon salt


3/4 cup sugar


2 tablespoons melted butter


3/4 cup chopped nuts


3/4 cup brown sugar


1/4 cup cocoa powder


1 1/4 cups boiling water





Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder into a 1-1/2 quart baking pan or casserole dish.


Stir together the melted butter, water, and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients, add the nuts and mix well.





Add the 1/4 cup of cocoa powder remaining to the brown sugar and combine, then sprinkle over the batter mixture. Slowly pour the boiling water over the top of the batter in a thin stream. DO NOT STIR!





Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
Try looking it up...llike type in : Pudding Cake or somthing and see what u rember............LOL=(a pudding cake sounds good.....:D)

No comments:

Post a Comment