Sunday, December 20, 2009

What is a good website that enables you to search for recipes using specific criteria?

Can you name any good websites where I can search for recipes in a really intelligent way - eg. by calorie content, preparation time and COST especially.





Most sites let you search for recipies in a really general way (e.g. 'healthy option', but I'm looking for something with a really specific search engine - for example, specifying the amount I want to spend on a meal, how many calories I want to consume, local ingredients etc.





Any ideas?What is a good website that enables you to search for recipes using specific criteria?
I use this site really regularly, I like the fact I can key in what ingredients I have and it will give me recipes that use them. The other good thing is that people rate and comment on them, so if they've adapted the recipe they'll let you know how it turned out. It is billed as the worlds biggest recipe site. i love it, I'm lactose intolerant so it lets me exclude dairy, which is very handy. I get regular emails too with seasonal ideas. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/What is a good website that enables you to search for recipes using specific criteria?
Thanks for answering this. I still can't help but think that there is still a large gap in the market because even Epicurious is still a bit 'general'. I'd like there to be a site where I can specify the amount I want to spend,number of calories, protein, fat etc...and it works out a recipe for me. Report Abuse

www.allrecipes.com or www.epicurious.com
For ingredients, seasonality, healthy option etc', try www.deliaonline.com


It even has a Q%26amp;A section (community-based) where you can ask for adaptations and so on.
dont know how helpful to you this will be, but bbc.co.uk/food is a good recipe website
This one has video recipes:





http://www.videojug.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment