Sunday, December 20, 2009

I am in search of an old recipe for my father?

My father was born in the late 30's. He remembers his grandmother feeding them something that she called ';White Stuff';. He remembers it being made of flour, sugar, possibly nutmeg and some other stuff. He says they use to sop/dip bread in it. Anyone have any idea what this could be and do you have the recipe?I am in search of an old recipe for my father?
Sounds like a sweetened bechamel sauce. If you are talking about using flour in a sauce, that usually means a roux which means cooking equal amounts of flour and fat (like butter). Liquid and other flavorings can be added. I have never had a sweetened bechamel and will search some more.





---edit--- What ancestry was your great grandmother? That might help narrow down the possibilities should it be an ethnic specific dish.I am in search of an old recipe for my father?
I think you might mean Fluff...Only can be bought in New England. Just like the split top hot dog rolls New England only
Sounds like this might have been ...a gravy.
  • skins be
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment